Mini resolutions for the willpower-less and short attention spanned.

Mini resolutions for the willpower-challenged and short-attention-spanned.

Friday, March 1, 2013

March Objectives

With February safely out of the way I'm back off the wagon and have a new set of goals for the month.  Which are as follows:
  1. Physical: Plan (and carry out) workouts for the week.  I'm not planning on a specific number, but I am hoping that this will spur my use of my planner, and will be something I actually stick to. So the resolution is a twofer - and, of course, that's not at all cheating. Ahem. 

  2. Cultural: I listen to podcasts a lot. I adore them. But I need to read books! Books! On Goodreads I set myself a target of 60 books this year, and I'm failing miserably: I've read 6 and it's March. I'm so behind! Therefore I need to get on reading, particularly as I have a backlog of exciting-looking library and Christmas-gifted books to read. So the resolution is that whenever I have a seat on the subway, I have to read my book. I can't keep defaulting to Football Weekly, Savage Love, The Bugle, and (my current favourite) How Did This Get Made?
  3. Apparent: My other half noticed that I don't really wear earrings much anymore. And he's right. I have lost a lot of one half of a pair of earrings I really like, and I have found that so disheartening, particularly after one that I adored from Kenya (so really not replaceable), that I sort of gave up. But I want to start again. So, for March only, it's earrings every day. EVERY DAY, I tell you!
So that's March. You?

2 comments:

  1. Argh, I really am behind - according to Goodreads I'm 5% (three books!) behind the schedule. So resolution #2 is highly necessary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am down with organizing/mending jewellery and branching out beyond the three pairs of earrings that I rotate constantly. I would add plans to get several pairs of shoes fixed.
    I am going to be doing nothing much this month BUT reading, it seems, so I'm OK on #2... but I like the idea of the planning and working out. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete