Mini resolutions for the willpower-less and short attention spanned.

Mini resolutions for the willpower-challenged and short-attention-spanned.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

February Reckoning

Well, here's the February reckoning.

NBIF - this was pretty straightforward, actually. Other than one or two weak moments, it's been good - I've managed to go out to restaurants, hang out with friends on cold, damp nights that screamed for a spicy red wine (that was consumed by others), and go to a Super Bowl and Oscars party without much stress or envy. 

Physical - BIKRAM. Oh, Bikram. Well, I've been twice, which is not quite the eight attempts. I've had a lot of early mornings this month - far more than normal - and you'd have thought that would mean that I'm good at getting up - three mornings a week, why not four? But I love my lie-ins, I need my sleep, and it just proved too much. But I've been, and it was definitely The Monthly Project goals that got me there. So I'm going to hopefully keep it up once a week, because I have felt great afterward. So I'm hoping for once a week. Hoping.

Cultural - I've been doing it!  I've managed to choose loooooong articles, accidentally, but that's what interested me. But I've also been able to read more in general. We also went through our old magazines, got rid of loads that I'm never going to read, and going to make this a regular activity.

Environmental -The January Cure has been up and running. I have a much more beautiful bathroom, kitchen, bedroom, and closets, albeit each with a bit more work to be done. Seriously, my bathroom shelves are unrecognizable. I've particularly enjoyed buying flowers for the house each week - the different colours, smells, and arrangements have been invigorating and made me feel both far more grown-up than usual, but also generally happier - as if I have indeed invested in our home, as Apartment Therapy suggested I would. Damn you, lifestyle bloggers, for being right!  [Fist being shaken]
Achievement!  (and if you think they don't look good, remember the befores... Seriously)





No comments:

Post a Comment