Mini resolutions for the willpower-less and short attention spanned.

Mini resolutions for the willpower-challenged and short-attention-spanned.

Friday, February 15, 2013

February Update (2)

Just over halfway through the month!  So, progress has been made on some monthly goals, not so much on others...

  1. NBIF - Raging success.  Although, having said that, I'm currently in the throes of my first real "grrrrr I want a drink" moment. For starters: I'm on a train, and, somehow, trains are made for booze. They just are. Or cups of tea. Or both. Plus, a couple of young men next to me have a bottle of spirits each, and are slowly making their way through them, adding generously to their soft drinks. I want to punch them. And this is after surviving (and very much enjoying!) last night's Valentine's dinner with my beloved at what is becoming our favourite local restaurant. What's more, both of us forewent booze.* Additionally, I've managed to persuade a few others to try it, to varying degrees, and some are definitely seeing the benefits. Early mornings are so much better. A colleague told me his ability to do Bikram and focus is massively improved. Speaking of which...
  2. Physical - BIKRAM.  None.  Nada.  Done nothing.  But this week I have no early starts, so THIS IS THE WEEK. FO SHO.
  3. Cultural - I've actually done this!  Although I somehow managed to choose a month in which there was a double issue, so that makes it a lot easier. Nonetheless, I've not only read the three articles - including some of the super long ones, and not the restaurant reviews! - but more, and gone back and chucked out a million old ones that did not have a minimum threshold of two or more articles of interest.  I've even started reading some of those...
  4. Environmental -  I'm not really doing the January Cure each day; it's too much at the moment with super early starts and being utterly exhausted as a result. I have been catching up at the weekends, however, and putting things in the outbox to get rid of (although it would have been handy to know I can start emptying it, which will start with abandon on Monday).  My kitchen looks better thanks to the prescribed clear out, and smells glorious thanks to the prescribed flowers.** The cupboard for my overall project is by no means done, but goodness it's better already. 
So some successes, some work to be done, but I am rather happy with how February is turning out, and I already have ideas on what March's resolutions will be.

* Having said that, the couple next to me were so extraordinarily annoying that I wished I could drink to work up the courage to tell them to bloody shut up.
** Freesias, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment