Mini resolutions for the willpower-less and short attention spanned.

Mini resolutions for the willpower-challenged and short-attention-spanned.

Thursday, January 31, 2013

January Reckoning

JANUARY'S GOALS:

As you may remember, January's goals were:
  1. FITNESS:  Do four weeks of the 100 Push Up Challenge. 
  2. CULTURAL: Go to the Met, the Guggenheim, and the Whitney. 
The reckoning:
  1. FITNESS:  This morning I did Week 4 Day 1 of the 100 Push Ups Challenge.  It was, frankly, awful.  I'm clearly a wuss.  But did it I did, for a total of 97 push ups, and on we will continue, as far as possible.  So it's not completing four weeks, but the goal is what made my significant other force me to do it - as a stick/carrot, it worked!
  2. CULTURAL: Well, we went to the Met and the Guggenheim.  The Met was overcrowded and a bit too much, but the exhibitions we saw were beautiful.  The Picasso at the Guggenheim was the inspiration for this goal, and was one of the most amazing exhibitions I've ever seen (I'm a sucker for the big old horndog, what can I say?).  While we didn't make it to the Whitney, the motivation for going there was an exhibition that it turns out is on all year.  Let's hope we actually make it... but in the meantime, we have made use of both our Botanic Garden and Brooklyn Museum memberships this month, so pretty good.
So not a raging success, but a success nonetheless - more museums than I've managed in a while, and far more push ups!  Roll on February.

No comments:

Post a Comment